|Welcome to our web site! We are glad you stopped by for a visit. We hope what you learn here will help you decide if Fort Wayne Family Medicine Residency is the place for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
A Great Place to Learn / Train:
- Located in Northeastern Indiana and providing residency education since 1972
- With over 1000 patient beds we are one of the largest unopposed residencies in the US, providing an abundance of clinical pathology, patients, and learning opportunities
- Only dually ACGME / AOA accredited family medicine residency in Indiana and with maximum accreditation
- State of the Art 21,000 square foot Family Medicine Clinic with four dedicated procedure rooms and Electronic Medical Record system
- PCMH - Fort Wayne Medical Education Program's Family Medicine Center is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home. Level 3 is the highest recognition provided by NCQA
- One of the largest community-based medical education consortia in US with all hospitals and medical society as partners
- Full spectrum medical education and research foundation providing medical student rotations, residency training, CME (continuing medical education) in all specialties, and primary care community-based research
Our program welcomes candidates, who desire any of the family medicine practice models, whether you want to concentrate exclusively on outpatient medicine, or also provide inpatient care, and/or OB upon graduation. Our residency supports and fosters each of these types of practice options. You will be trained as a well-rounded family physician ready to practice in any of these settings, so you have the freedom and confidence to choose what's best for you upon graduation.
- Interested in procedures? In addition to the usual bread and butter family medicine procedures, if you desire, you can acquire skills in endoscopy, colposcopy, treadmill, OB ultrasound, derm, vasectomy, fractures, flex nasopharyngoscopy, etc.
- Interested in advanced OB? Opt for our elective Advanced OB Certification
- MDs can learn OMT (manipulative therapy) if you desire
- Moonlighting opportunities available to enhance your training
- We provide you with an abundance of academic resources at our cost. We have not found a program yet providing more.
What makes a strong physician ready for practice upon residency graduation? 1) Importantly your professionalism and engagement in your education 2) hands-on clinical exposure and 3) medical knowledge acquisition. With over 1000 unopposed patient beds (clinical hands-on) and the academic resources (medical knowledge acquisition) we provide, you're foundationally set for an optimal education. You can't possibly exhaust the resources we provide. You will not find an artificial cap to your education from a lack of clinical exposure or academic resources.
- Excellent salary and benefit package, including a generous housing allowance and sign-on bonus
- Large, dedicated CME allowance
- Health insurance coverage for residents and their families at no cost to residents
Fort Wayne - A Great Place to Live:
- Very affordable with low cost of living
- Family-friendly ~ Parent's Magazine named Fort Wayne #2 city in US to raise a family ~
- Named an All American City in 1982, 1998, and again in 2009
- Ranks 2nd in the country in number of minor league sports teams
- Great cultural and recreational opportunities with internationally recognized children's zoo
- Over 200 lakes within 30-45 drive and beautiful state parks
- Spouses/Significant Others & Families of prospective residents - check out our page dedicated to you.
Learn about Fort Wayne
Visit Greater Fort Wayne, Inc at: : www.GreaterFortWayneInc.com